Monday 16-03-2020 - 13:37
All face-to-face classroom teaching and assessment across our three UK campuses is suspended from Tuesday 17 March. Our libraries and other main facilities will remain open. Building on existing practice, we will move to being online only for teaching and assessment by 23 March.
The decision to suspend face-to-face teaching and assessment has been made in response to today's announcement by the Prime Minister.
We remain committed to supporting all of our students and staff during these difficult times.
Further guidance will be provided HERE.
Source: Sunderland University Website, 17 March 2020.
The Students' Union is working hard to prepare all its staff for home working from 18 March. We will continue to operate as many of our services as possible online including our Advice Service. The SU Minibus is suspended until further notice.
We want to make sure you have the resources and support you need to feel safe and informed regarding Coronavirus. We understand the virus outbreak in the UK and rest of the world can cause some worry. We have gathered official guidance about the virus to help provide you with the correct information and where to go for support.
The University have issued guidance which you can find here.
Public Health England have online guidance which is updated as it progresses, which you can find here.
Looking after your mental health during this time is extremely important. The charity Mind have some information and support to help, which you can find here.
Want to help a neighbour or someone in the community? Download our helpful resource sheet here
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Source: NHS Website, 16 March 2020.